Submissions by Invitation Only
Omnium Gatherum is a small press dedicated to publishing unique dark fantasy, weird fiction and horror in print and ebook formats.
To submit your novel or novella for consideration for publication in 2016, please send a cover letter with your publishing credits, social media links and a description suitable for the back cover of the book. After applying standard manuscript formatting to your complete manuscript, save as .a doc or .docx file and send as an attachment via email to:
We are looking for stories that twist the conventions of horror, fantasy or weird fiction in a new and interesting ways. The best way to get an idea of what we like is to read several Omnium Gatherum titles. We'd love to see stories with settings other than the US and UK, characters with cultural backgrounds not often explored in fantasy/horror/weird fiction and supernatural beings other than werewolves, vampires and zombies.
Please note! All submissions must include:
1. A cover letter including publishing credits. Links to Amazon or publisher's sites, if available, are appreciated.
2. A list of your social media links. These include sites like Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads. (Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+ etc.) This is very important! Please don't skip this step.
3. A description suitable for the back cover of the book. This should be one or two paragraphs and written in present tense.
4. The complete manuscript with standard manuscript formatting and saved as .doc or .docx file.
Standard manuscript formatting:
- Letter-size pages 8 1/2 x 11
- 1 inch margins
- 12 point serif font (Time s Roman or Courier)
- First word of a paragraph indented .5 (1/2) inch
- No spaces between paragraphs
- Numbered pages
- Author information including name, address, phone number and email address in the top left corner of the first page (single-spaced)
- Author name and book title in the header and the title of manuscript on the first page
- Do not use tabs or spaces to indent paragraphs
- Do not use hard paragraph breaks at the end of each line.
For help formatting your document you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a free ebook copy of Formatting Manuscripts for Submission to Publishers and Agents. Mention if you prefer epub (Nook) or mobi (Kindle). Or you can purchase a print copy on Amazon,
Word count guidelines:
- Novel: Stories 50,000 words or more
- Novella: Stories between 17,500 and 50,000 words
- Novelette: Stories between 7,500 and 17,500 words
- Short Story: Stories less than 7,500 words